Lend a Hand to History. Volunteer at Middleton Place.
Middleton Place National Historic Landmark welcomes the time and talents of dedicated, passionate volunteers year around. Our corps of volunteers are integral to educating and inspiring guests and carrying out the Middleton Place Foundation’s mission to connect people with the past, inspiring a deeper understanding of each other through our shared American history.
The next orientation for Middleton Place will be held Saturday, January 23, 2021. 9:30 am-2:30 pm in the Pavillion at Middleton Place. Please contact Greg Smith at [email protected] to sign up.
Do you have an interest in learning about the Low Country, Charleston, and Middleton Place? Explore your interests in a varied and diverse American history, architecture, agriculture, horticulture, landscape design and period art.
Do you enjoy meeting new people? By joining a large volunteer corps, you will have the opportunity to meet others with similar interests, as well as more than 100,000 annual visitors from all over the world.
Do you have time to make a difference? For a small time commitment per month (approx. 8 hours/month), volunteers educate the public and in turn receive many benefits.
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING
- Complimentary membership to the Middleton Place Foundation. Ability to bring guests to Middleton Place and Edmondston-Alston House free of charge.
- Invitations to attend educational field trips/lectures.
- Discounts at the Middleton Place Museum Shop, Garden Market and Nursery and the Restaurant.
- Reciprocity Pass allowing you and one guest to visit other local cultural and historical institutions free of charge (Ft. Sumter, Gibbes Museum of Art, Patriots Point, South Carolina Aquarium, and many more).
- Flexibility in volunteering schedule.