Overall Job Summary:
- On a rotating schedule, work in the Garden Market as a retail sales representative, greeting guests, assisting with retail and food purchases, restocking merchandise when necessary and operating the POS system.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Build a knowledge base on the retail items sold in the Garden Market; having the ability to speak to customers about the product, the artist etc.
- Operate a retail POS system and credit card machine
- Set up displays, restock inventory and additional ad hoc projects
- Help sell Middleton Place plants in the Nursery
- Assist Middleton Place Foundation in other departments such as Food Service, Maintenance or Stableyards to promote the well-being of Middleton Place
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- Ability to work in a friendly manner with coworkers and guests
- Ability to use computer and credit card machines
- Ability to communicate information clearly to visitors and coworkers
- Knowledge of daily activities and history of Middleton Place
- Basic understanding of Low Country gardening techniques
Educational Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
Weight Lifting (or other physical) Requirements to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- Lifting of boxes of promotional supplies
- Stamina for working long hours in hot/humid conditions of summer and cold conditions of winter
*Valid drivers license and work history required*
This position receives hourly compensation.
Please email inquiries and requests for job applications to
, no phone calls please.